Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (2-1/2 cups)
- 5 ribs celery, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14 - 16 ounce package cubed country-style stuffing mix
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a shallow 4-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking up into small pieces. Cook 5 minutes until no longer pink. Add onion, apple and celery; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add apple cider, chicken broth, sage, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
3. Place stuffing mix in very large bowl; add sausage mixture. Toss gently until moistened. Place in prepared casserole. Cover with foil. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer. If desired, broil for 2 to 3 minutes until top is toasted. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 305, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 907, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.