1. Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in a small measuring cup. Stir in the yeast and sugar. Allow to stand 5 minutes, until foamy.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours and salt. Make a well in the center and stir in yeast mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups water. Stir until dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured work surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Form into a ball.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl; turn to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean towel. Let dough rise in a warm place 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until almost doubled. Punch dough down; divide into 4 equal parts.
4. Grease four 3 x 5 1/2-inch mini loaf pans. Roll 1 portion dough into a 6-inch square. Roll up jelly-roll style and place into a loaf pan seam-side down. Repeat with remaining dough and pans. Brush tops of loaves with egg white and sprinkle with the seeds. Cover and allow to rise 45 to 60 minutes or until almost doubled.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake loaves at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned and the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire rack and allow to cool completely.