Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 15 mins
- 1 loaf Italian bread (about 12 ounces), split in half horizontally
- 1 1/4 cups bottled pasta sauce
- 4 ounces raw mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely shredded part-skim mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place bread halves, cut side up, on baking sheet. Pull out some of soft bread centers to make loaves slightly concave. Spread each half with 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Arrange mushrooms over sauce; sprinkle with pepperoni. Top with mozzarella; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon remaining pasta sauce over tops.
3. Bake in 400 degree F oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cut on angle into slices. Serve hot. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 213, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 663, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.