Bake these muffins in standard or mini muffin cups. Either way, they are delicious served with soft-style cream cheese.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat just the bottoms of 12 standard-size muffin cups or line with muffin-cup liners.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, juice, sugar, oil and zest; stir in 1/2 cup of the chips. Make a well in flour mixture; pour in egg mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove pans to wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Makes 12 standard muffins.