Servings: 8 Cook 15 mins Bake 450°F 15 mins Prep 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
- 8 ounces crimini or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 slices (1/2 inch thick) French bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick olive-oil-flavored cooking spray.
2. Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and basil; saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Place bread slices on prepared baking sheet. Brush top side of each slice with remaining olive oil. Top each slice with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Bake in 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 271, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 5, carb. (g): 43, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 673, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.