These yeast bread twists are just sweet enough to nibble while you sip your morning coffee. The honey-sweetened dough rises overnight, so bake them in the morning for a fresh-from-the-oven treat.
1. In bowl, stir 1 tablespoon honey into warm water. Sprinkle with yeast. Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter, sour cream, egg yolk, vanilla and remaining honey until blended. Add 1 cup flour, the salt and cinnamon; on low speed, beat until smooth. Add yeast mixture, second cup flour; beat 2 minutes. Add enough of remaining flour to form soft dough.
3. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, adding more flour as needed. Shape dough into ball. Place in a lightly oiled bowl; turn to coat. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight to rise.
4. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Remove dough from refrigerator; punch down. Let rest 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll one half of dough into 16 x 10 inch rectangle. With pizza cutter, cut dough into quarters. Cut each crosswise into six 5-inch-long strips. Twist 2 strips together; place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining quarters and second half of dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Cover twists loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature for 45 minutes.
6. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover twists.
7. Bake twists in 350 degree F oven until golden, 15 minutes. Transfer twists to rack; let cool slightly.Drizzle:
8. In small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and water. Drizzle over cooled twists. Let stand to set. Makes 24 twists.