Make bread through Step 5 (see recipe below).
Heat butter in small skillet. Add onion and parsley; cook 2 minutes.
After punching dough down in Step 5, roll out to 20 x 8-inch rectangle on floured surface. Spread green onion mixture over dough. Roll up from short side. Place in pan, let rise, and bake as directed in Steps 6 and 7 in Basic White Bread recipe.
Sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water in measuring cup; gently mix to moisten yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften; mixture will be foamy.
2. Stir together 3 cups flour and the salt in a bowl.
3. Pour yeast mixture into flour. Add remaining 1 cup warm water; stir to form ball. If too dry, add a little more water; if too wet, add a little more flour.
4. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes.
5. Grease bowl with butter or margarine. Place dough in bowl; turn to coat. Cover bowl with clean towel or plastic wrap. Let dough rise in warm place until doubled in volume, 1-1/2 to 2 hours. To test, stick finger in dough; dent should remain when finger is removed. Punch dough down.
6. Roll dough out to 20 x 8-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Roll up from short side. Press ends to seal; fold ends under loaf. Place, seam side down, in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-5/8 -inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise until doubled in volume for about 1 hour.
7. Bake in 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan to rack to cool.