This gooey roll recipe is easy to make because it starts with frozen bread dough, but the brown sugar-pecan filling and maple-pecan topping are completely homemade.
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the butter, pecans, dark-brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.Topping:
2. Coat 2 round 8-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. In each pan, place 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar and 6 tablespoons maple syrup. Stir to combine. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of pecans over each pan. Set aside.
3. On well-floured work surface, roll out 1 thawed loaf of dough to a rectangle, 18 x 6 inches. Sprinkle 1/3 of the filling over dough. Starting from a long end, roll up jelly-roll style. Repeat with remaining two loaves of dough, sprinkling each with 1/3 of the filling. Cut each log into twelve 1-1/2-inch slices. Place 18 slices, cut-side down, into one of the prepared pans. Repeat with remaining 18 slices and second pan. Cover both pans with plastic wrap; let rise, covered, in a warm place for 45 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until buns are golden and sound hollow when tapped. Place a foil-lined baking sheet under pans to catch drips.
5. Remove from oven and run knife around edge to loosen. Flip each pan over onto large platter with pecan topping on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.