Servings: 16 Prep 10 mins Bake 375°F 45 mins
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup currants
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together buttermilk, oil, sugar, lemon rind and salt in very large bowl. Stir in carrot, currants and baking soda. Add flour and quickly stir until just combined.
3. Form dough into ball in bowl. Flatten on prepared baking sheet to 8-inch-wide round. Using sharp knife, cut 1/2-inch deep X in center.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 45 minutes, until wooden pick tests clean. Cool.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 204, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 1, carb. (g): 35, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 362, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.