Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs on HIGH or 7 hrs on LOW
- 2 1/2 pounds pork spare ribs
- 3 ounces diced cured chorizo, casing removed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound collard greens, large stems discarded, roughly chopped
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into segments
1. Place ribs, chorizo, onion and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Place collard greens on top, pressing down firmly. Whisk stock, salt and pepper, then pour on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
2. Carefully remove ribs to a cutting board and shred; discard bones. Stir beans and vinegar into liquid. Stir meat back into slow cooker.
3. To serve, scatter about 1/2 cup rice into each bowl. Ladle some stew on top and garnish with orange segments.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 500, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 75, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 525, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.