Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 pound tricolor bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Cook pasta 12 minutes or as per package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer 10 minutes. Add raisins and cinnamon.
3. Toss pasta with sauce, adding pasta water to thin sauce, if necessary. Garnish with parsley.
Tip Make It Kid-Friendly
- Eliminate red pepper flakes and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 481, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 88, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 697, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.