- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup skim-milk
- 1 6 ounce container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh thawed blueberries
- Maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven.
2. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir to mix well. Combine the milk, yogurt, orange juice, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until a smooth batter forms
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon batter by 1/4 cup measures onto griddle, spreading to a diameter of 4 inches. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the blueberries (5 or 6 blueberries) onto each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
4. Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat procedure to make 16 pancakes. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 152, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 32, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 21, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 125, Potassium (mg): 129, calcium (mg): 111, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.