Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Microwave 3 mins
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes (14 oz each)
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen fully cooked wild rice (such as Stahlbush Island Farms), or 1 3/4 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tsp plus a pinch salt
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces French bread
1. Cut the top fifth off tomatoes and scoop out flesh. Discard or save for another use.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat wild rice for 2 minutes. Stir in Canadian bacon and cook 1 more minute. Stir in walnuts, mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, pepper and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Scoop rice mixture evenly into tomatoes; replace the tops.
3. Toss romaine with oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Serve tomatoes alongside salad and bread.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 411, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 746, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.