Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 22 mins
- 8 ounces center-cut bacon (12 or 13 slices), diced
- 1 1 pound box penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 pound bunch spinach, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bunch red chard, well cleaned, tough stems discarded, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet for 10 minutes over medium heat until just crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp of the drippings in skillet.
3. Meanwhile, cook penne in boiling water for 11 minutes. Drain.
4. Add 2 tbsp of the olive oil to skillet with bacon drippings. Return to medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add spinach and chard and cook 4 minutes until wilted. Stir in cherry tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, toss penne, bacon, spinach mixture, basil, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, the vinegar, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 477, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 60, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 519, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.