Servings: 8 Yield: 16 deviled egg halves Active Time 30 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 cup beet juice (from a jar of pickled beets or bottled beet juice)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 green olives, halved
1. In a small saucepan, bring beet juice to a boil over high heat. Boil about 5 minutes or until thickened and reduced to 1/4 cup. Let cool.
2. Peel and halve the eggs. Transfer yolks to a small bowl and set whites aside.
3. Add the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of the beet juice, the lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper to the egg yolks; mash until smooth, adding more beet juice if necessary to make the mixture pink.
4. Place egg yolk mixture into a small zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag. Snip a small hole from one corner of the bag and pipe filling into egg whites. Transfer eggs to a platter or serving dish. Place an olive half in the center of each egg. Use a small food-grade paint brush to paint lines onto the surface of the egg whites using the remaining beet juice. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 123, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 189, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 2, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 399, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 22, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 236, Potassium (mg): 106, calcium (mg): 30, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.