Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 4 mins
- 1/2 cup rinsed, drained canned no-salt-added black beans
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1. In a large bowl mash the beans with a fork. Crumble the beef into the bowl and sprinkle with chili powder, pepper, and salt. Mix well. Shape into 6 2 1/2-inch patties.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until done.
3. Serve patties in pita bread rounds topped with cheese, salsa, and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 196, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 18, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 13, vit. A (IU): 534, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 355, Potassium (mg): 273, calcium (mg): 121, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.