Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 1 15 ounce can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian-flavored dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce, tomato and sliced red onion for serving
1. In a large bowl, mash the beans with a potato masher or fork until they are mostly smooth. Add the egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine. Shape into 4 even patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Coat both sides of the burgers with cooking spray.
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill until cooked through (160 degrees F), about 4 minutes per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and red onion slices.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 276, Fat, total (g): 5, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 617, calcium (mg): 209, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.