Servings: 14 Prep 15 mins Cool 5 mins Cook 50 mins Stand 10 mins
- 1 16 ounce bag Lundberg Black Japonica rice
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can light coconut milk
- 3 1/3 cups low-sodum chicken broth, such as Pacific Foods
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 2/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large, lidded pot combine rice, coconut milk and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 50 minutes or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes covered.
2. Transfer cooked rice to a bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in mangoes, coconut, scallions, peanuts, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 14; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 230, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 441, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.