Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins Grill 25 mins
- 1 package chicken pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning (such as McCormick Grill Mates)
- 3/4 cup Homemade Barbecue Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
2. Rub chicken with barbecue seasoning. Coat grill with nonstick spray. Grill chicken 20 to 25 minutes, covered, turning occasionally, or until chicken registers 165 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together barbecue sauce and onion and garlic powders over medium-low heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Brush chicken generously with sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking; serve remaining sauce on the side.
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
1. Whisk together ketchup, molasses, vinegar, hot sauce and liquid smoke in a small bowl until well blended.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 306, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 139, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 43, sodium (mg): 878, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.