Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins to 8 mins
- 1 red, green or yellow bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut stem and end off of pepper. Slice pepper into four 1/2-inch-thick rounds (or "flowers") and remove the inner membranes.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the pepper rings for 2 minutes on one side. Flip the pepper rings over and crack an egg into the middle of each. Cover skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until egg yolks are firm.
3. Sprinkle each flower with Parmesan before removing from skillet.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 105, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 187, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 2, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 7, vit. A (IU): 438, vit. C (mg): 34, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 91, Potassium (mg): 145, calcium (mg): 46, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.