Servings: 10 Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr Cool 1 hr
- 3 pound medium beets
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the beets in a large pot and cover generously with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender, adding water to pot, if necessary, to keep beets submerged. Drain and cool until easy to handle.
2. Peel skins from beets and trim ends. Cut into wedges and place wedges in a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with pecans, cheese, and parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 138, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 11, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 146, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 105, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 151, Potassium (mg): 336, calcium (mg): 30, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.