Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or on LOW for 7 hours plus 1 1/2 hours on HIGH
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (12 oz) lager or pilsner beer
- 2 1/2 pounds flat corned beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, large potatoes halved
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Place peppercorns, cinnamon stick, cloves and beer in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add 1 cup water. Top with corned beef brisket. Add potatoes to slow cooker (around sides of brisket where possible). Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
2. Uncover and add cabbage to slow cooker. If cooking on LOW, increase temperature to HIGH. Re-cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
3. To serve, lift cabbage wedges carefully from slow cooker and place on a platter. With a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from slow cooker to a bowl. Toss with butter and parsley. Remove brisket from cooker and slice against the grain into 1/4-inchthick slices (you may want to halve this crosswise first). Serve brisket with potatoes and cabbage.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 531, Fat, total (g): 28, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 4, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 782, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.