Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 18 mins
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- Sour cream and bottled salsa, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
1. Place ground beef, onion and garlic in a nonstick Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until beef is brown, about 6 minutes.
2. Add rice, tomatoes, zucchini, water, raisins, cumin, cinnamon and salt; cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with wooden spoon. Divide picadillo into bowls and serve with folded flour tortillas. Or wrap meat mixture in tortillas like a burrito. If you wish, garnish with sour cream and salsa, and serve with chips. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 510, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 57, carb. (g): 71, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 521, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.