Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 7 ounce package thin rice sticks
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 2 head Boston lettuce, rinsed, dried
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, breaking up with a spoon, and cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring. Add plum sauce, soy, lime juice and 1/3 cup water. Take off heat; keep warm.
2. Soak and cook noodles following package directions. Drain. Gently stir noodles and red pepper into beef mixture. Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
3. To serve, spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves with some scallion and mint. Fold over to enclose. Squeeze with lime, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 28, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 352, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.