Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 pounds ground round
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15 ounce cans dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Sour cream and chopped scallions, for serving (optional)
1. Coat a large heavy-bottomed pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add ground beef and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, tomato paste and salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and stir in beans. Heat through, then serve garnished with sour cream and scallions, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 329, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 789, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.