Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in large pot boiling salted water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, combine beef, crumbs, half the garlic, the salt and milk in bowl. Shape into about sixteen 1-inch balls.
3. Heat butter in nonstick large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook for 6 minutes, turning as they brown.
4. Add cream, vodka, tomato paste, pepper flakes and remaining garlic to skillet. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and Parmesan; cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
5. Spoon meatballs and sauce over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with additional Parmesan if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 582, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 83, carb. (g): 60, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 510, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.