Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Bake 300°F 3 hrs to 4 hrs Cook 18 mins
- 1 pot roast (about 4 pounds), such as bottom round or chuck
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large onion (1/2 pound), chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 12 rolls
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Brown meat well in oil in large ovenproof Dutch oven, 15 minutes.
3. Add sauce, vinegar, broth, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme to pot. Bring to boiling.
4. Bake, covered, in 300 degree F oven 3 to 4 hours, turning meat every hour, until fork-tender. Let stand at least 30 minutes in pan. Remove meat from pot. Skim fat. Slice beef. Serve with sauce on rolls.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 406, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 93, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 571, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.