Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 16 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen chopped sweet green and red peppers
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (11 ounces) corn nibblets, drained
- 1 jar (4.25 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Brown beef in 5- to 6-quart large, deep pot over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, breaking up meat with wooden spoon but leaving some large pieces.
2. Add frozen chopped peppers, beans, corn, chiles, soup mix, 2 cups water, cumin, salt, oregano and cayenne. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir 1/4 cup water into flour in small cup until smooth. Stir into stew; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 260, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 1155, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.