Servings: 10 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups bottled salsa
- 75 whole (3 to 4 cups) lower-fat nacho-flavored baked tortilla chips, finely ground (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded taco-flavored cheese
- Avocado slices, shredded taco-flavored cheese, tortilla chips and salsa (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl. Add ground beef, 1 cup salsa, ground chips, bread crumbs, salt and half the cheese; mix together until well combined. Turn mixture into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; pat firmly into shape.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 1 hour.
4. Spread meat loaf with remaining salsa; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes.
5. Remove and let stand 10 minutes. Drain off any grease; remove loaf to cutting board. Cut into slices. Serve with additional salsa if desired. Garnish with avocado and cheese. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 413, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 124, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 874, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.