Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 large ribs celery
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1/4 pound pancetta or bacon, diced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) tagliatelle or fettuccine
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
Make It Sauce:
1. Finely chop carrots, celery and onion.
2. In large nonstick saucepan, cook pancetta over medium heat, stirring, 5 minutes, until most of the fat is rendered but pancetta is not browned. Increase heat to medium-high. Add vegetables; saute 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
3. Add ground beef and pork; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add wine, broth, tomato paste, salt and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Add cream; cook 2 minutes, until heated through. Pasta:
4. Cook pasta following package directions; drain. Serve with sauce, and Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 625, Fat, total (g): 33, chol. (mg): 122, sat. fat (g): 15, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 848, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.