Servings: 45 Prep 20 mins Cook 40 mins to 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 packages (2.1 ounces each, 15 shells per package) mini baked phyllo shells
- 1 container (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute, breaking up clumps of beef with wooden spoon, for 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and ground red pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce the heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes. Stir in the drained kidney beans.
2. Fill each phyllo shell with scant tablespoon chili. Top with sour cream and Cheddar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 45; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 64, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 5, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 136, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.