Beef and vegetable filled lettuce leaves, paired with a gingery mushroom and noodle soup, result in a low-calorie meal.
1. In large glass dish, combine soy, sugar, vinegar, garlic, oil and pepper flakes. Slice beef into 2-inch-wide strips. Add beef to dish. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
2. Cut scallions in 2-inch pieces; thinly slice lengthwise. Separate lettuce leaves. Place scallions, sprouts, peppers and lettuce in separate serving bowls.
3. Heat oven to broil. Transfer beef to broiler-pan rack; pour marinade into small saucepan and boil 3 minutes. Let cool; reserve to serve with beef.
4. Broil beef 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn beef over. Broil until desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Let beef stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice on diagonal. Arrange on plate. To make rolls, arrange few pieces of beef and each vegetable on lettuce; drizzle with reserved marinade. Roll up, tucking in ends. Serve with soup. Makes 6 servings.
1. In saucepan, simmer beef broth, cooked noodles, mushrooms, scallions, ginger and cayenne for 5 minutes.
2. Nutrient Value Per Serving: 146 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 9 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 75 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol.