Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs 30 mins (high) or 6 1/2 hours (low)
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14 ounce package white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper; whisk into slow cooker bowl and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Serve over egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 246, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 78, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 373, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.