Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 18 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 hamburger buns
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Crumble in the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture on each hamburger bun. Serve with pickles and cole slaw, if desired.
- Add 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and substitute 2 tablespoons light soy sauce for Worcestershire. Serve over white rice or on hamburger buns.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning. Stir in marinara sauce instead of ketchup. Substitute prebaked pizza crust for hamburger buns and garnish with shredded mozzarella.
- Add 1 tablespoon chili powder and substitute prepared salsa for the ketchup. Serve in taco shells.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 304, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 70, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 717, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.