Treat your family to a steak house dinner at home. Frozen steak fries get a cheesy crumb coating for a dressed up side to the skillet-cooked steaks that are draped with savory mushroom and onion gravy.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with cooking spray. Place fries in large bowl. In small bowl, mix crumbs, Parmesan and cayenne. Add egg whites to fries; sprinkle with seasoning mixture; toss. Spread on prepared baking sheet(s).
2. Bake in 450 degree F oven 15 to 20 minutes or follow package directions.Steak:
3. Meanwhile, spread the skirt steaks on a large cutting board. Slice each steak in thirds, for 6 steaks total, each about 8 x 3-1/2 inches. Season steaks on both sides with the salt, pepper and chili powder.
4. Heat 12-inch skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add 3 steaks; sear 3 minutes. Turn over; cook 3 minutes or until 145 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to platter; tent with foil. Repeat with remaining 3 steaks. Transfer to a large platter. Keep warm.Sauce:
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter to the skillet. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle evenly with flour. Whisk in beef broth until well blended. Simmer 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt; remove from heat. Serve mushroom sauce with steak and fries. Makes 6 servings.