Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins Bake 400°F 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet or hot bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups bottled tomato pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1. In 10-1/2-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1talian sausage, onion and red pepper; cook, breaking up sausage, 5 minutes. Add ground beef chuck; cook, breaking up beef, 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic salt, Italian seasoning and bottled pasta sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, the 1 tablespoon oil and the salt. Whisk in flour. Spread over meat mixture to cover. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan. Bake in 400 degree F oven 25 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 405, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 80, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 898, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.