1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Working in batches, add ribs; saute, removing to a platter as they brown.
2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings from pot. Add onion and garlic; saute over medium-low heat, until onion is very tender, about 8 minutes. Return ribs to pot. Add broth, Worcestershire, 1/2 cup water and bay leaf. Cover; simmer 40 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to large platter; keep warm. Remove bay leaf; discard.
3. Skim fat from sauce. Mix flour, remaining 3 tablespoons water and browning sauce if using in bowl. Stir into sauce; boil until thickened, 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over meat and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Horseradish Cream. Makes 6 servings.Horseradish Cream:
4. Whisk together sour cream, horseradish, mustard and salt in a small bowl until well blended.
5. Nutrient Value Per Tablespoon of sauce: 19 calories, 1 g fat (0 g saturated), 1 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 85 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol.