Servings: 10 Prep 10 mins Chill overnight Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless top round roast, tied
- 20 (about 5 ounces) gingersnaps, crushed
- Prepared mashed potatoes (optional)
- Green salad (optional)
1. Combine vinegars, salt, pepper, cloves, bay leaves and mustard seeds in a large bowl. Place roast in bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
2. Place roast and marinade in slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
3. Remove roast to a platter and keep warm. Strain liquid from slow cooker. Stir in crushed gingersnaps until well blended. Slice roast and serve with mashed potatoes and salad, if desired. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 662, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.