Convenience foods are perfect for quick dinners. Refrigerated cooked roast beef and cooked mashed potatoes make this home-style dinner doable in 20 minutes.
1. Heat beef in bag in boiling water or microwave following package directions, 7 minutes. Keep the beef warm.
2. In medium-size saucepan, combine 3/4 cup orange juice, the baby carrots and ginger. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6 minutes.
3. In small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, the cornstarch and brown sugar until the mixture is well blended.
4. While carrots are cooking, heat mashed potatoes in a microwave oven following the package directions. Once the potatoes are heated through, stir in the sour cream, chives and nutmeg. Cover and keep warm.
5. When carrots are crisp-tender, stir in cornstarch mixture; cook until thickened and carrots are tender, about 2 minutes.To serve:
6. Carefully slice beef; reserve any juices. Serve beef with mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and reserved juices. Makes 6 servings.