Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 23 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat and add crumbled ground beef, peppers, onion and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and black pepper. Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions. Drain.
4. Spoon sauce over pasta. Top with shredded cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 486, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 68, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 697, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.