Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 cup quick-cook barley
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add beef; saute until browned, about 4 minutes per batch. As beef browns, remove it to a pie plate or bowl.
2. Return all beef to saucepan. Stir in beef broth, barley and 5 cups water. Bring to boiling. Cover; simmer for 10 minutes or until barley is tender.
3. Stir in frozen mixed vegetables; gently heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 430, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 96, carb. (g): 38, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 512, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.