Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 11 mins Broil 1 min
- 1 medium-size onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound top round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2 x 3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced reduced-fat provolone cheese (such as Alpine Lace) (about 8 slices)
- 8 white whole-wheat hot dog rolls (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper to pan and cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until softened.
2. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to pan and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through. Stir in Worcestershire sauce; cook 1 minute.
3. Heat broiler. Tuck 1 slice provolone into rolls and top with a scant 1/2 cup beef mixture. Arrange rolls on a baking sheet and put under broiler for 1 minute or until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 230, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 25, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 360, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.