Servings: 4 Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup sauce) Prep 5 mins Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons tarragon-flavored vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 egg yolks from pasteurized eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon peppery steak seasoning
- 4 boneless strip steaks, 1/2-inch thick (2-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Make It Sauce:
1. In small saucepan, bring to a boil vinegar, water, 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, the shallot. Boil until reduced to 2 tablespoons, 3 minutes. Strain; discard solids.
2. In blender, blend yolks, 1 tablespoon tarragon liquid, salt, cayenne until smooth and frothy. In small saucepan, heat butter until bubbly but not browned. With blender on high, slowly add half the butter, then remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon liquid. With blender running, add remaining butter until mixture is thickened. Add remaining chopped tarragon. Steak:
3. Press 1/2 teaspoon seasoning on each steak side. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook steaks 3 minutes per side for medium-rare (145 degrees F). Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 783, Fat, total (g): 56, chol. (mg): 494, sat. fat (g): 25, carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 64, sodium (mg): 957, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.