A roast beef dinner can be so easy, especially when you roast the vegetables. This recipe uses sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Serve the meat with with tongue-tingling sour cream and horseradish sauce.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix oil, pepper medley, salt, garlic, thyme. Rub over roast. Place on rack in roasting pan.Sweet Potatoes:
2. Mix potatoes, oil, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Place around beef in pan.
3. Roast in 400 degree F oven 10 minutes. Reduce to 350 degrees F. Roast 1 hour, until internal temperature registers 135 degrees F.
4. Boil sprouts 5 minutes. Drain. For last 15 minutes of roasting (beef should be 120 degrees F), add sprouts to pan. When done, remove beef and vegetables; let beef stand 15 minutes.Sauce:
5. Mix ingredients in bowl. Thinly slice roast. Serve with sauce. Makes 8 servings.