Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin, sliced against the grain 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, peeled, halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 green peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Season steak with the salt and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning after 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add onions, peppers and garlic to skillet and stir-fry 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and Chinese five-spice powder. Add to skillet; stir in the tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add in the steak along with any accumulated juices. Heat through. Serve with cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 351, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 42, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 685, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.