Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 5 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, plus 30 minutes Cook 12 mins
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large rib celery, chopped
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Put carrot, celery, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped; place in the slow cooker bowl. Add diced tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and sugar to slow cooker. Add 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes. Stir in beef and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove beef chunks from slow cooker and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred beef and stir back into slow cooker. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook another 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, about 12 minutes; serve with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 84, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 878, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.