Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 13 mins
- 1 pound beef sliced for stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled chopped garlic
- 4 cups prepared broccoli flowerets
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Instant brown rice, prepared according to package directions
- Thin strips lemon rind, for garnish
1. Combine beef, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and garlic in plastic food-storage bag; seal; turn to coat meat. Let stand briefly.
2. Meanwhile, place broccoli and 2 teaspoons water in microwavable plate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
3. Stir together green onions, remaining soy sauce, the orange juice, cornstarch, rice-wine vinegar, ginger and red-pepper flakes in a small bowl.
4. Heat peanut oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef with marinade; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add cashews; cook 1 minute. Stir in green onion-orange juice mixture; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
5. Serve immediately with instant brown rice and garnish with thin strips lemon rind if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 404, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 70, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 1070, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.