Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 hours or LOW for 5 hours plus 5 minutes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tablespoon low-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bag (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 3 large parsnips, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, the Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Form into 1-inch meatballs (about 20) and set aside.
2. Stir together 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup broth and the vinegar. Place carrots, parsnips and onion in slow cooker and put meatballs on top. Drizzle with ketchup mixture. Cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
3. Stir together remaining tablespoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon broth and cornstarch. Gently stir into slow cooker. Cook until thick, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 337, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 107, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 863, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.