Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins Cool 10 mins
- 7/8 cup boiling water
- 1 cup texturized vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Lightly grease loaf pan. Pour boiling water over texturized vegetable protein (TVP) in bowl. Set aside.
2. Saute onion in oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat until softened, about 7 minutes.
3. Combine TVP, onion and rest of ingredients in large bowl. Place into loaf pan.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings.