Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 14 mins Broil 6 mins
- 2 pounds ground lamb*
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix lamb, crumbs, garlic, onion, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt, pepper and egg in bowl. Form into 2-inch balls (about 32). Place on 2 ungreased rimmed baking sheets.
3. Bake in 375 degree F oven 14 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase to broil.
4. Broil until cooked through, 3 minutes per pan. Transfer to platter.
- If lamb is unavailable, use meat loaf mix or ground beef. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 245, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 102, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 4, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 290, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.